The Foundation for Media Alternatives (FMA) is a non-profit civil society organization based in Quezon City with mission is to assist citizens and communities – especially CSOs and other development stakeholders – in their strategic and appropriate use of the various information and communications media for democratization and popular empowerment.
We are currently looking for the following positions:
(1) Project Assistant for the Initiative for Media Freedom Project
(2) Program Staff for the Gender Program
SCOPE OF WORK for PROJECT ASSISTANT:
– Work directly under the Project Coordinator
– Coordinate activities under the project
– Write and create posts, reports and articles (blog, social media posts) when necessary
– Attend events as necessary and when relevant to the project
– Perform other functions related to FMA’s other programs, as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; knows how to use office and project management tools; above-average project management and organizational skills; strong attention to detail; excellent interpersonal skills; and able to take direction and work independently under general supervision.
SCOPE OF WORK for GENDER PROGRAM STAFF
- Work under the supervision of the Program Manager
- Provide support to a wide range of gender programming across the organization’s programs and project activitiesWrite reports, articles, blogs, social media posts, as necessary;
- Attend activities as necessary and when relevant to the program; and
- Perform other functions related to FMA’s other programs, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree . A degree in gender studies and/or social sciences courses is an advantage.
- With strong background and competence in research, writing, capacity-building, program support, among other development work-related skills for the program
- Proficient in office-based software applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Above-average management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to take direction and work independently under general supervision
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as needed.
Preference shall be given to individuals familiar with information communication and technology (ICT) issues, human rights, and policy work, as well as candidates with a strong background in gender studies, digital communications strategies, public relations, project and brand management.
If interested, kindly submit an updated CV, sample written work on women or gender, and cover letter addressed to:
LIZA S. GARCIA
Foundation for Media Alternatives, Inc.
Deadline of submission is on July 15, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.